With Computer Numerical Controlled Turning (CNC Turning) a metal, or plastic, rod rotates at high speed while a cutting tool is held against the stock to remove surface materials and create the finished part. This process affords incredibly tight tolerances for exacting work.
We support turning of inside and outside features, and support most coarse and fine metric, inch, and NPT thread sizes. If needed, we can add thread relief grooves for manufacturing.
With turned parts, you can choose to leave them as-machined, which means the tool marks will remain visible, or you can opt for a smooth finish of varying types.
When the process is complete, we inspect all parts before boxing and shipping.
Upload your design today for instant DFM and pricing. We’re committed to quick turnaround times, and can have your order to you in 5 days or less!
At Plethora, we provide CNC Milling or CNC Turning in a wide variety of materials to fit all of your unique needs! We specialize in fast turnaround times for Just-In-Time (JIT) Manufacturing and Rapid Prototyping.
If you don’t see the material you need or aren’t sure what to use for your project, please contact us and we can work with you to find the right material.
- Our maximum part size is 3″ diameter and 12″ length [76.2mm diameter and 304.8mm length]
- Our standard tolerance is ± 0.005″ [± 0.13mm] for metals and ± 0.008″ [± 0.2mm] for plastics
- Minimum hole size is 0.032″ [0.81mm] in diameter
- We support grooves on both inside and outside diameters down to a 0.020″ [0.5mm] width
- Tighter tolerances are available, to ± 0.0005″ [± 0.01mm] depending on part geometry